View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
Adam
User

Lightbulb Idea on repro grips !!!!

I may not be the first to think of this, but since I havent found anything else about it, I figured I would bring it up. You see repro grips of wood, plastic, polymers, resins,and many other materials. BUT, I have never seen a set made of aluminum or some durable alloy. I know the production costs would be high, but think of how hard it would be to seriously damage a set! I mean for most people one set would last a lifetime, even with hard use. Someone with a pair of good quality fitting grips as a starting point, access to a machine shop and LOTS of time, could make a decent pair. and once perfected they could be put into production for a reasonable price. I doubt you could get rich, but surely you could sell a few. There are an infinite number of finishes available for aluminum (I am no expert so I have no idea how you put the color on or anything like that, I think its anodized, is that the word? I have seen lots of aluminum car parts and such that were red, green, purple, ect.) Am I the only one interested in this or are there more who think this could be possible ?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote