View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Here is the picture of the marking on the Hi Power along with the picture of the marking on the bayonet and on two different variations of the holsters for those pistols.

The second last photo is the marking on my Hi Power. The last photo is the marking on a Hi Power which is two serial numbers off of my serial number. The other Hi Power is in a collection in Germany. There is another one in a collection in the US.

Things are sad. At the SOS this year I had brought along 7 Hi Powers for show and tell at the P38 meeting. This one was in the seven. The other 6 were not too common, eg. 1943 Swiss prototype, 1930 Test trial - with a barrel busing, Serial No. 2 - Oval port, serial nos. 1 and 5 - standard ejection port, and serial no 2 - of the pistol for the 1933 French test trials. All 7 were unusual and I go on the theory that knowledge is power. However, the new moderator of the P38 forum told me that the meeting was only for p38s, PPKs, and PPs. (I do collect PPKs.) . So when the meeting was concluded, I took my Hi Powers and left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1688aaa.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	32627  

Click image for larger version

Name:	LS-6aaa.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	32629  

Attached Images